MUTTY/THIBOEDAU

Discuss the families of the valley whose names start with the letters J, K, L, M
Discuter les familles dont les noms commencent avec J, K, L, M
Lori J

MUTTY/THIBOEDAU

Post by Lori J »

Trying to locate information on Joseph Mutty. He was born in Canada and married Sophie Turcotte around 1859 in Waterville Maine. Joseph was also known as Joseph Matte and Joseph Mothe (in addition to Thibodeau). A church parish in Maine gave me that info on him but had nothing
more. :(
He is my gggrandfather and I have a lot of information on his daughter (my ggrandmother Adeline Mutty MORIN) and my MORIN relatives from Maine and Canada, but Joseph's information is hard to come by. I beleive he was born between 1810-1819. The census records I have come across on Joseph and Sophie do not give much help on him at all.
I have his wife's family's names (Sophie Turcotte) but nothing as to Joseph's parents, siblings, etc...........
Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
ChipG
Site Admin

Re: Mutty/Thibodeau

Post by ChipG »

Lori,

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the website "The French Connection", which has lots of information on the French people of Waterville, Maine.

You'll have to poke around a bit, but you'll see the links to information and documents on that community.

Good luck!

Return to “Family names / Noms de famille: J - M”