Cote

Discuss the families of the valley whose names start with the letters C & D
Discuter les familles dont les noms commencent avec C & D
Trishness

Cote

Post by Trishness »

I'm seeking information on the Cote's from about 1850 through 1900, specifically on my ggg g'parents Octave Cote (son of Eugene Cote and Marie Anne Beaulieu) who married Flavie Deschene (daughter of Louis and Marie-Anne Ouellette) at St Basile NB 2-3-1863.

They had a son, Germain (my GG grandfather) who married Celanie Deschene on 5-22-1887 at Ste Luce, Frenchville, Maine.

Germain and Celanie had several children......one of them being my grandfather Patrick. Patrick was born in 1890 and married Lucie Cyr in 1918. (Patrick was married 2X previously to Angelique Fongemie in 1917 and Marie Fongemie in 1915) My guess is that they died in childbirth.

I'm missing some info from this era. Supposedly, Patrick had a brother Noel but I can't find any info on him. :?: My mother remembers him but can't provide me any other info. She also remembers someone named "Sophie" but all the genealogy I've done to this point show a "Sophie" in this era to be a cousin of some sort. So who has some info on the Cotes?

Thanks in advance

Trish
Trishness

Post by Trishness »

I was able to solve this mystery after taking a trip to Ste Agathe and Madawaska in September of 2006 and speaking to some very helpful cousins through Ancestry.com. Anyone looking info on this branch of the Cote family, please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to share.

Trish

Return to “Family names / Noms de famille: C - D”