LOOKING FOR FAMILY O'REE

Discuss families whose names begin with the letters N, O, P, Q
Discuter les familles dont les noms commencent avec N, O, P, Q
Cyndee Wilson

LOOKING FOR FAMILY O'REE

Post by Cyndee Wilson »

I' M LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON THE O'REE FAMILY. MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER WAS GRACE O'REE. SHE WAS BORN IN BANGOR, MAINE IN 1891,BUT LATER MOVED TO WOODSTOCK, NB WITH HER HUSBAND LEEROY MCINYTRE. ALL HER CHILDREN WERE BORN THERE. GRACE'S FATHER WAS ELBRIDGE O'REE. HE WAS BORN IN NB, BUT DIED IN BANGOR IN 1890. HIS FATHER WAS GEORGE O'REE. HE WAS MARRIED TO FLORENCE O'REE (MAIDEN NAME MCCARTY )

THERE WAS A PARIS O'REE BORN IN NB, BUT MOVED WITH HIS WIFE JANE TO BANGOR AS WELL. PARIS'S FATHER'S NAME WAS ALSO GEORGE O'REE BUT THE MOTHER'S NAME WAS ANNIE SCOTT. I NEED TO FIND OUT IF THESE TWO GEORGES ARE THE SAME PERSON, AND ANY AND ALL INFORMATION ON THE O'REES.

THANKS ALOT
Norm DeMerchant

Post by Norm DeMerchant »

Cyndee

Try the following site.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~nbcarlet/

This is the county that Woodstock is located in. The message board on this page may be able to help if you post your message there.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this little fact. Willie O'Ree was the first black man to break the colour barrier in the NHL back in the 50's when he played for the Boston Bruins. He is from Fredericton NB and I recently had the great honour of meeting him and getting his autograph at a hockey game a few months back. If you are able to contact him, I think he lives in Florida or California now, he may be able to give you information on the O'Ree family.

Good Luck

Norm...
Gail Henderson-Jones

Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY O'REE

Post by Gail Henderson-Jones »

Cyndee Wilson wrote:I' M LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON THE O'REE FAMILY. MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER WAS GRACE O'REE. SHE WAS BORN IN BANGOR, MAINE IN 1891,BUT LATER MOVED TO WOODSTOCK, NB WITH HER HUSBAND LEEROY MCINYTRE. ALL HER CHILDREN WERE BORN THERE. GRACE'S FATHER WAS ELBRIDGE O'REE. HE WAS BORN IN NB, BUT DIED IN BANGOR IN 1890. HIS FATHER WAS GEORGE O'REE. HE WAS MARRIED TO FLORENCE O'REE (MAIDEN NAME MCCARTY )

THERE WAS A PARIS O'REE BORN IN NB, BUT MOVED WITH HIS WIFE JANE TO BANGOR AS WELL. PARIS'S FATHER'S NAME WAS ALSO GEORGE O'REE BUT THE MOTHER'S NAME WAS ANNIE SCOTT. I NEED TO FIND OUT IF THESE TWO GEORGES ARE THE SAME PERSON, AND ANY AND ALL INFORMATION ON THE O'REES.

THANKS ALOT
Hi Cyndee
I am currently working on an O'ree family tree as my Grandmother was an O'ree.

I can't really help you with whether or not the two Georges are one, but maybe you can help me.

What are the names of Grace's siblings if you know. If I do come across any information I will contact you immediately.

My email is: agjones03@hotmail.com
Gail Henderson-Jones
Gail Henderson-Jones

Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY O'REE

Post by Gail Henderson-Jones »

Cyndee Wilson wrote:I' M LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON THE O'REE FAMILY. MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER WAS GRACE O'REE. SHE WAS BORN IN BANGOR, MAINE IN 1891,BUT LATER MOVED TO WOODSTOCK, NB WITH HER HUSBAND LEEROY MCINYTRE. ALL HER CHILDREN WERE BORN THERE. GRACE'S FATHER WAS ELBRIDGE O'REE. HE WAS BORN IN NB, BUT DIED IN BANGOR IN 1890. HIS FATHER WAS GEORGE O'REE. HE WAS MARRIED TO FLORENCE O'REE (MAIDEN NAME MCCARTY )

THANKS ALOT
Hi Cyndee;
What I have come across is that Grace's mother was Bertha O'Ree and at one time lived with my Great Grandmother Phoebe O'Ree. What I would like to know is "do you know who Bertha's mother is. In the Canadian Census she is living in a household with several people and it's difficult to determine who is the parents of whom.
Here is what is shown in the Census: Household:

Name Marital Status Gender Ethnic Origin Age Birthplace Occupation Religion
Norris O'REE Male African 25 New Brunswick Laborer Calvinist Baptist
Nancy O'REE W Female African 60 New Brunswick Calvinist Baptist
Lavinia HECTOR M Female African 32 New Brunswick Calvinist Baptist
Isaac HECTOR1 M Male African 30 New Brunswick Not Given Calvinist Baptist
Georgiana O'REE Female African 30 New Brunswick Calvinist Baptist
Phoebe O'REE Female African 28 New Brunswick Calvinist Baptist
Jeremiah O'REE Male African 21 New Brunswick Not Given Calvinist Baptist
Victoria O'REE Female African 18 New Brunswick
Harriet O'REE Female African 16 New Brunswick
Hermon O'REE Male African 13 New Brunswick