Searching for Soucy/Cote family.

READ THIS FIRST BEFORE REGISTERING OR POSTING
Lisez ce message avant que vous utilisez le forum ou enregistrez

chymullins

Searching for Soucy/Cote family.

Post by chymullins »

Hello, I am searching for information on ancestors Theophile Soucy and Philomene (Pheba) Cote. They lived in St. Francois parish from 1860-1881. Her father was Isaac or Isai. I am looking for the other parents' names as I have been unable to find a marriage record.

I recently went to Ft. Kent to the Registry of Deeds and the Acadian Archives, then on to the Madawaska Public Library, but found nothing relevant.

Would be greatly interested in any family connections. Thank you, charlene
piciller

Post by piciller »

Hello Charlene
Just recently visited the Augusta Archives, and was unable to locate a marriage record there. No marriage of them was performed in New Brunswick, according to Jean-Guy Poitras Marriages - 1792 - 2001
I can only provide for you the marriage of their child Hercule ( Eluid )
4/13/1903 Lac Baker,N.B. to Annie Coulombe

milan miller
chymullins

Post by chymullins »

I am going to try the provincial archives in Fredrickton, NB to search for a notarial record/marriage contract. Unless they married before they arived in NB, but have had no luck searching elsewhere.
chymullins

Post by chymullins »

I have the record of their son, Isai (Henry) to Anna Berube in Waterville, Me Jun 25, 1900 (my grandparents). There were several children born in NB from 1860 through 1882.
Libby

SOUCY - ST FRANCOIS XAVIER

Post by Libby »

Hi~

I have been looking at this all day as this piqued my interest!!

I have compiled several children and now know that Philomene had a brother Thomas who married a lady named Marie Anne or Marie or Mary and patrynom starting with "G". I know from this marriage, 16 june 1862 at Frenchville, that Thomas' mother was name Anne.... The priest spelling Enna and also starting with "G"? The page is torn. Isaie/Isaac born about 1810.

Philomene married Theophile Soucy/Soucis/Soucie but have not found the place. All records indicate children "of the legitimate marriage of". I have found children named Theophile 1860, +Athalie 1862-1863, Leda 1864, Anatalie 1868, Isaie 1870, Edithe 1872, Hercule 1874, +Agnes 1876-1880, and +Thomas 1879-1880.

Isaie's godparents were Antoine Landry and Celina Soucy. Now to discover who Celina Soucy was to the family. The godmother of Athalie is also a Soucy and her name looks like Seconde!! I do not think that is correct!!!

I will be compiling all of the information of these children and posting again.

Regards,
Libby
chymullins

Cote/Socy St Francois Xavier, NB

Post by chymullins »

Thanks so much for your notes. Seconde Soucy was the daughter of Benjamin Soucy and Josette Paradis. Seconde married Antoine Daigle and they can be found in the St Luce records.

I suspect Theophile (b. 1833 Trois Pstoles) was one of the younger sons of Joseph Soucy and Marie Petronile Cote). Benjamin and Joseph were brothers, so Seconde and Theophile would be cousins if Theoph is ineed that person.

Isaie Cote and Marie Rose Normandin dit laJoie had a son Thomas, b. 1843. Rose Lajoie died in NB in 1853 or so at St Luce and is buried at St Francois Xavier.
Libby

Seconde --

Post by Libby »

Well, indeed I was up almost all night. Too restless sometimes. I am glad that you know about Seconde. I found a few with that name but not a Soucy.

If you get a chance to look at the US 1860, the name is Couter :shock: instead of COTE!! The compiler called the daughter Phebe but who knows.

1860 United States Federal Census
about Thos Couter
Name: Thos Couter
Age in 1860: 25
Birth Year: abt 1835
Birthplace: Canada
Home in 1860: Township 17 Range 8, Aroostook, Maine
Post Office: Fort Kent
Value of real estate: View image
Household Members: Name Age
(29)Thos Couter 25
(30)Josiah Couter 45
(31)Phebe Couter 18

Peter is on line 12.

Theophil and Philimon are lines 32 and 33 as SOUCIER.

Libby

Return to “Welcome to the Discussion Board!/ Bienvenue au forum de discussion!”