Newbie Here

Introduce yourself and say a bit about your interests
Présentez-vous et écrivez quelques mot à propos de vos intérêts
Leasa

Newbie Here

Post by Leasa »

Hello,

Searching for my Gram's family. Her mother Hattie (Mossie, Mossey, Masse, Massey) was born in Old Town in the late 1800s and died May 1922 in Presque Isle. She was a school teacher--not sure where, she was a devoted Catholic. 11 May 1912 she married my Grandpa, Railroad Man Antonio (Tony) Peluso of Italy. The story goes Tony and Hattie lived in Ft. Kent and had a child then moved to Millinocket where my Gram was born, then they moved to Parkhurst Siding where the family lived their lives. Hattie died after giving birth to twins leaving Tony with 7 children under age 9. Tony remarried Janie (Carson) Harper a widow with 4 children. Tony worked on the railroad for 37 years and Janie raised the children as her own.
Not much is know to us of Hattie's family. I believe I found a death record for her mother Lydia (Willett, Oullet) Mossie-Masse dated 1 Oct 1904-Greenville, ME. It says she was born in Old Town. Her husband was Theophile Mossie-Masse 1858-abt 1935, they married 30 Sep 1888 in Old Town. They had 3 or 4 children, Hattie, Marie Rose, Marie-Lumina and maybe Peter. He remarried Marie(Bessy?) Daigle 15 Jan 1905 in St Agatha, they had Ella 1908-1966 she married Randolph Pelletier 24 Aug 1931.
My 98 yr old Gram--Elaine (Peluso) Harper--she married Janie's son Frank remembers Theophile-Tuffer was his nick name died when her son was a baby making it about 1935. All the names listed on my signature are believed to be ancestors. I'd like to firm up the tree a bit and I'd LOVE to locate cousins, graves and any stories or pix possible.
I thank anyone for contacting me with any hints.
Leasa Garvin
Eastport, Maine
Looking for Masse, Mossie, Massey, Ouelett, Ouelette, Valcourt, Miville dit Dechene, Pelletier, Sirois, Duplessis, Couturier and Lizotte. Hoping I can find some new cousins!
Debb Lavoie

Leasa's Ouellette's

Post by Debb Lavoie »

Hello Leasa:
Who are some of your Ouellette's?

I have a Philomene married to an Octave Lavoie.

Debb

Return to “Introductions & interests / Présentations & intéréts”