The Aroostook War of 1839

Until 1842 the New Brunswick-Maine border was in dispute. Discussion of issues, documents, sources related to the dispute
Jusqu'à 1842 la frontière entre le Nouveau-Brunswick et Maine était disputée. Discussion des questions, sources, documents liés au conflit
Gary Campbell

The Aroostook War of 1839

Post by Gary Campbell »

I would like to announce that my latest book, The Aroostook War of 1839, has been published by Goose Lane Editions and the New Brunswick Military Heritage Project. The history of the Maine/New Brunswick border controversy has been riddled with many myths and untruths. My goal was to relate the story in a relatively neutral fashion that accurately describes the American and British concerns, goals and actions during the period from 1783 to 1843. Hopefully, those who read the book will like it and learn from it. The book will be released by Chapters and Amazon on 19 March 2013 although smaller stores, such as Westminster Books in Fredericton, have it available now. Enjoy!

All the best,

Gary Campbell
ChipG
Site Admin

Post by ChipG »

Thanks Gary! I'd just add that Gary's done amazing indepth work on this topic and so this book is a must-read for anyone interested in the region!

Return to “The Border Dispute / Le conflit de frontière”