Edouard Ouellet and Delina/Georgina Saucier

Discuss families whose names begin with the letters N, O, P, Q
Discuter les familles dont les noms commencent avec N, O, P, Q

Edouard Ouellet and Delina/Georgina Saucier

Post by Guest »

Researching the ancestry of Alex Ouellette married to Lucie Plourde, from St. agatha Maine, (moved from New Brunswick).

Alex Ouellette's parents were Edouard Ouellette, mother was Delina Saucier, and that is all we can find out about Alex Ouellette's history as of now. Any info on this query would help me out, thanks
ChipG
Site Admin

Re: Edouard Ouellet and Georgina (Delina) Saucier

Post by ChipG »

Here's the marriage info on Alex and Lucie, which you probably already have:

OUELLETTE, ALEXANDRE fils de Edouard et Georgiana Saucier -
PLOURDE, LUCIE fille de Simon et Geneveive Albert -
maries a Ste Agathe, ME - 1908-06-01

I have found nothing on the marriage of Edouard and Delina/Georgiana, though I found a number of their other children's marriages.

I found an Edward Ouellet who married Pauline Fraser at Ste Agathe in 1900 (June 1). His parents are listed as Edward and Marcelline Dubé. This could be Alex's father (see more info below), remarrying in 1900 after his first wife (Georgiana) died.

Checking the 1860 census, I found the only Edouard Ouellet who fits the age of Alex's father, and he's living in what's now Frenchville/ste-Agathe, in Township 18, Range 5 (on p.518). He's listed as Edward Ouellette, 14 years old, son of Edward, age 56, blacksmith, born in Canada. The 14 year old is the Edouard who married Pauline Fraser in 1900.

The older Edouard (father of 14-year old Edouard) was married to Marcelline Dubé at St.Basile in 1843. She too was born in Canada, she was 36 in 1860. These are the people who are the parents of the Edouard who married Pauline Fraser in 1900. Since he would have been 54 years old by that time, it is likely that was his second marriage.

Do you know if your Edouard Ouellette (father of Alex) remarried to Pauline Fraser?

If I come across Edouard and Georgina as I go through the Ste.Luce church records I'll let you know.
ChipG
Site Admin

Edouard Ouellet's second wife was Pauline Fraser

Post by ChipG »

The Ste-Agathe marriage register confirms that Edouard who married Pauline Fraser is the same one who had married Delina Saucier.

The marriage entry for Edouard Ouellet and Pauline Fraser, 1 Jun 1900, notes that Edouard's first wife was Delina Saucier. So this is your mom's grandfather.

I'm not sure where or when they were married though. If I find the info I'll post it.

Return to “Family names / Noms de famille: N - Q”