upperstjohn.com Forum Index upperstjohn.com
Discussion Forum of the Upper St.John River Valley website
Forum de discussion du site web de la Vallée Supérieure de la Rivière St-Jean
http://www.upperstjohn.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finniemore and various other spellings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    upperstjohn.com Forum Index -> Family names / Noms de famille: E - H
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wfinnie

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2007 10:55    Post subject: Finniemore and various other spellings Reply with quote

Looking for information on the Finniemore famiy: Abraham Finnemore b approx 1787 in Wicklow, Carleton Co died abt. 1872 was married to Elizabeth Wright b. 1803 d abt 1882. I am looking for the parents of Abraham, I think his parents may have come from the States, I am trying to locate where he may have originated from in Ireland so have to get back a couple more generations. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Wanda Finniemore Very Happy
John Holmes

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2007 10:01    Post subject: Finnemore Finnimore Reply with quote

Wanda,
Have you checked the New Brunswick Provincial Archives Web Site?
http://archives.gnb.ca/ When you get there, click on the government records link. Then click on the RS686 - Index to New Brunswick Land Grants [1784 - 1997] link. Input either Finnemore or Finnimore. The name is spelled both ways. You can then use the information you get to order copies of the grants from the Archives. If these are your Finnimores, this should give you a clue as to where in the states they came from.
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    upperstjohn.com Forum Index -> Family names / Noms de famille: E - H All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: