This is amazingly useful information!

Discuss or ask questions about any of the censuses transcribed on this website, or suggest other censuses to add to the site
Discuter ou poser des questions sur les recensements transcrits sur ce site web
lwjones

This is amazingly useful information!

Post by lwjones »

I just found this site, and I'm stunned at the wonderful searchable census pages. Becuase of how poorly the census takers spelled the names, I've been spending hours trying to search for people on Ancestry.com, and they're so easy to find here.

I don't see a lot of people active here now and I don't know why, because this is a genealogy gold mine.

Thank you SO much for doing all this work for us to use.

Linda
ChipG
Site Admin

Post by ChipG »

Thanks Linda, glad you're finding it useful! Please feel free to direct anyone you know who might be interested to come visit!
lwjones

Post by lwjones »

You bet I will! I used to have a pretty big French-Canadian/Acadian genealogy site back 15 years ago, but I lost the ability to update it when I closed my CompuServe account, and then I didn't have time for any genealogy for about 10 years. Now I'm getting the bug again, and I want to update my pages on a new site but it will take some time, as I also lost all my data when I moved and an old computer got thrown away when I wasn't looking.

But I do have at least some information from my old site, including huge pages for Babin, Gagnon, Vaillancourt, and Plourde, and I posted a link to your site from my Resources page. You're actually the only current resource listed, but hey, it's a start!

Return to “Censuses / Recensements”