Ste Agathe historical society exhibitions

Discussion of communities in the valleys of the St.John, Allagash, and Fish rivers in what is today Aroostook Co., Maine
ChipG
Site Admin

Ste Agathe historical society exhibitions

Post by ChipG »

I just returned from Northern Maine, and was lucky enough to meet Theresa Ouellette, with the Ste Agathe Historical Society.

They have an absolutely fabulous historical exhibition; it doesn't open until Father's Day (June 2005), but Theresa was kind enough to let me see it early.

There's an old house that's been restored to late 1800-s/early 1900s, as well as a very large new exhibition hall with all kinds of really interesting and fascinating stuff.

This is a must see for anyone interested in Ste Agathe, but also anyone interested in the entire region.

The Historical House is located next to the old cemetery in Ste Agathe.
Last edited by ChipG on 07 Jul 2006 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
JoniPr

Post by JoniPr »

Hi Chip-thank you so much for sharing about the historic exhibition that will open next summer! *sigh* Now, if I could just win that lottery so I could travel up to see it, lol....ah, some day, some day.

That makes me really excited, because as I said in a thread I just started entitled "Bosse family", I told that my Mom was born in Ste. Agathe! (but I misspelled the name, won't do that again! :oops: Ahh, it'd be so great to see those exhibits!

J.
I don't want to go out of this life sad and blue-instead I want to skid sideways into the nether world laughing&hollering "wasn't that a PARTY!"
Trishness

Post by Trishness »

Chip,

Thanks for the info on the Ste Agathe historical society. I'm so excited to hear that this is opening this summer since I will be traveling to northern Maine in September and will make this a stop for sure. This is my first trip back to that area since 1968 and I'm really looking forward to being there again.

Plan on visiting Madawaska, Frenchville, Ste Agathe, Sinclair and St David, where I know my grandparents (Patrick and Lucie Cote) and my G-grandparents (Germain Cote and Celanire Deschene Cote) are buried. I wish I had more than a few days to spend up there but will make do with the time I have.

Trish
Trishness

Post by Trishness »

If anyone is even considering doing genealogy research in the Ste Agathe/St David area, you MUST stop at the Ste Agathe Historical society. I met with Terry Ouellette this past September and she was extremely gracious and opened the historic site for my brother and me. We were amazed at the artifacts and all the family information available.

Return to “Aroostook County, Maine”