upperstjohn.com Forum Index upperstjohn.com
Discussion Forum of the Upper St.John River Valley website
Forum de discussion du site web de la Vallée Supérieure de la Rivière St-Jean
http://www.upperstjohn.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farren, Friars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    upperstjohn.com Forum Index -> Family names / Noms de famille: E - H
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ginger

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2005 08:17    Post subject: Farren, Friars Reply with quote

I wonder if you know anything about the ancestors of Margaret Ann Friars, b. 1847, Kings, N.B. She married Michael Farren b. 1840, Kings N.B. d. 1903 Aroostook County, ME USA.
I posted a message on Ancestry.com, and received a bit more information:

~from the Kings County Marriage register C & D -

Michael Farren & Margaret Ann Friars (both Sussex) - after dispensing with banns - 6 Jan.1868 - by James Vereker - wits. James P. Feeny & Mary McCarthy (mk) (which I'm assuming means made her mark)

James Vereker is listed in List of Ministers as Roman Catholic, Sussex.

In the 1851 census that I had looked up regarding an Oliver Friars, I made note of another Friars family in Sussex that had 11 children, one was a 4 year old daughter Margaret. Parents were John, 44 and Rachel, 39. Not sure if that is your Margaret. ~

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    upperstjohn.com Forum Index -> Family names / Noms de famille: E - H All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: