Ste Luce baptisms 1843-1860 now online

Discuss any church records
Discuter les registres des églises
ChipG
Site Admin

Ste Luce baptisms 1843-1860 now online

Post by ChipG »

I've abstracted info from the Ste Luce baptisms up through Jan 1860, and they are now online.

You can use the Baptisms search form to search by names of baptized person, of parents or of godparents; by baptism date (exact, month or year), by place of residence, by sex, and other pieces of information.

The main Ste Luce baptisms page explains the records and the database search.

Also check out my new Ste Luce register page.
John Holmes

Baptisms of english speakers

Post by John Holmes »

Glad to see baptism data base up and running. I hope this is the place to make this comment. I found a Jean Macfason. I believe him to be John McPherson son Charles McPherson and Adelaide Yarrington. God mother was Delina Yarrington. She was Adelaide's sister.
ChipG
Site Admin

Macfason = McPherson

Post by ChipG »

Hi John,
Yes you are right. I forgot to add Macfason as McPherson to the page on English names in the Ste Luce parish register, I've just done so.
Thanks!
jbott

Post by jbott »

Chip,

Wow, this is great information. I have already found 4 baptisms of interest. In addition to the baptism dates, I have also found birthdates and godparents. The godparents are nice because they help confirm the person and establish relationships. Nice!

Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this.

James
jbott

Post by jbott »

John,

Have you looked for "White" yet? There are three baptisms for White, all with Patrick White as the father. One shows Esther Kelly as mother and another shows Elisa Kelly as the mother. I assume these are the same person. The two children are Jenny and Marguerite.

The last one is a baptism for Ignace White, father Patrick White and mother Julie Yarrinton (sic) and godmother Delina Yarrinton. I don't have any record of Ignace, do you. Perhaps it is the middle name of one of the 11 children we already know?

Also I am wondering if there were two Patricks, or if he remarried. Do you know?

James
jbott

Re: Baptisms of english speakers

Post by jbott »

John Holmes wrote:I found a Jean Macfason. I believe him to be John McPherson son Charles McPherson and Adelaide Yarrington. God mother was Delina Yarrington. She was Adelaide's sister.
John,

Here is a MacPherson website.

http://www.clan-macpherson.org/

I downloaded a PDF entitled, "The Descendents of Charles A. McPherson" from this site. There is also a GED version. Look for the file "Clan Macpherson links F."

Charles A. McPherson is Sr. and Charles Jr. m. Lydia (Adelaide) Yarrington. From the PDF:

-------------------------
1 Charles A. McPherson 1786 - 1868 b: May 1786 in link F born on the High Seas of the Atlantic Ocean d: September 19, 1868 in Mars Hill, Maine
.. +Sarah Adelia Grant 1792 - 1880 b: April 1792 in New Brunswick, Canada d: April 22, 1880 in Mars Hill, Maine

2 Charles McPherson 1820 - 1909 b: September 13, 1820 in link FB Restigauche, New Brunswick, Canada d: May 21, 1909 in St.
Francis, Maine
..... +Lydia Yarrington
..... 3 Thomas McPherson 1850 - b: 1850
..... 3 John McPherson 1853 - b: 1853
..... 3 Jane McPherson 1861 - b: 1861
..... 3 James McPherson 1867 - b: 1867
..... 3 Cyrus McPherson 1871 - b: 1871
------------------------------------

I note that there is both a John and James. I suppose that Jean could be either John or James but the 1856 baptism date is closer to John's dob above. There are no sources lissted on the PDF. I haven't looked at the GED file yet.

Here is another reference:

http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi? ... &id=I22654

This page lists only John, but no James. John's DOB is shown as 1856, the same as the baptism record, so I am inclined to think that Jean and John are the same person.

Between these two references and the baptism records, there is a lot to study.

Thanks for discovering and reporting the Macfason name variation.

James
John Holmes

Ignace White baptism

Post by John Holmes »

James,
I believe Ignace is probably Patrick and Julia's oldest son Edward (Ned). He was born in 1857 and died in 1882 at the age of 25, according to his grave stone. It is located in the St. Louis cemetery in Fort Kent.
It is likely there are two Patrick Whites and one lived in Canada and only came to Ste-Luce for the Baptisms of his children since they do not appear in the Census.
John

Return to “Church Records / Les registres des églises”